Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, croutons, croutons, how I've missed thee . . .

That's right. I admit it. I brought croutons into the house while JFG was away. No, not GF croutons. Not croutons made out of sorghum flour and guar gum. Not even croutons made of that mysterious product, "defatted soy flour."

Nope, these are croutons made from WHEAT flour, fried no doubt in contaminated fat. Yum.

I feel like a recovered heroin addict sneaking drugs into the house for just ONE hit with the intention of tossing the stuff afterward.

Not to worry, however. My husband's health means more to me than hero -- I mean, flour. Croutons are safely contained on the non-gluten-free shelf in my pantry.

1 comment:

Jesse Finch Gnehm said...

I doubt they last until my return ;-) You'll go on a 48 hour cruton binge and they'll be gone. I can't say I blame you though.