Thursday, October 2, 2008

Things I love

I love . . .

Rescue Beauty nail polish -- it comes in great colors and stays and stays
Zappos -- you can't beat free shipping and the customer service is amazing
Nars lip pencil -- it's sheer and goes well under lipstick
The King Arthur Flour catalog -- great recipes and kitchen stuff you didn't know you needed
My Steve Madden purse -- the leather is beautiful and I love the lock
In Style magazine, both the paper version and the website -- especially the new Deals and Steals section
The petit scones at Starbucks
Diamond-tipped tweezers
Healthy Choice smoked chicken paninis, which are only 310 calories and close enough to real bread
My stylist, Emma, who gives me haircuts that don't come with bad hair days
Burt's Bees Mama Bee belly butter -- probably good for pregnant stomachs but great for feet
Kensie and Kensie Girl for pretty clothes at good prices
Jessica Simpson shoes -- fabulous, shiny platform and 1940's heels at prices that allow me to buy more than one pair a year
Half.com -- super-cheap books you can't find elsewhere
The Orkney Islands
Abba
Anthropologie, although with each year the prices get more and more out of reach
Shabby-chic Parisian apartment style interior design, although until I can afford the apartment I will probably never buy
WWII advertising posters
H & M, the Ikea of clothing stores
My Costco treadmill, believe it or not
Scrabble, mostly because I almost always win
Movies that take place in Europe (current favs include In Bruge and Mama mia)
Tim Gunn, although I hate the Tim-Gunn-like androids on other design reality shows
Great black, pointy-toe knee-high boots
Venice
Tandoori anything
Skinny black jeans from Alloy
My mom's banana bread recipe

Hmmmm. That wasn't as cathartic as I thought.

No comments: